Kenworth Hybrid Trucks
The new Kenworth Medium Duty T270 and T370 Hybrids are powered by the PACCAR PX-6 engine and include an integral transmissionmounted motor/generator, a frame-mounted 340-volt battery pack, and a dedicated power management system, creating a unique fuel efficient system.
In slower, stop-and-go traffic, the parallel hybrid power system developed in partnership with Eaton, acts as an electric motor utilizing power from the battery pack.
The system automatically switches between the two modes of operation. Stored electricity provides nearly 60 horsepower with 310 footpounds of torque. The Kenworth Hybrid uses braking events called “regenerative braking” to generate and store electricity. Electrical power is then used for acceleration, assisting the diesel engine. The T270 and T370 Hybrid can also be spec’ed with an electric power-take-off (ePTO). The ePTO allows energy to be drawn from the batteries for engine-off operation.
- PACCAR PX-6 300hp@2600 RPM, 620 lb-ft@1600 RPM
- Stored electricity is nearly 60 hp and 310 ft-lb torque
- Eaton 6 speed Ultrashift
- Hybrid Component Weight - 400 lbs.
- Wheelbase - 152” Minimum
- LH power electronics carrier (PEC) - 340 V DC
- 130 amp Brushless Alternator
- Dana Spicer Front Axles from 8,000 to 14,600 lbs.
- Dana Rear Axles from16,000 to 26,000 lbs.
- Air or Hydraulic Brakes
- Steel or Polished Aluminum Wheels
- Bridgestone R240F 245/70R19.5 Tires, 22.5” Optional
- Kenworth Aero Heated Mirrors
- Dash Mounted 7" Color Display